“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Getting Rid of Mold in Kansas City?
What exactly is mold? Small but complicated, these organisms develop from spores that are present in every Kansas City home, office building, or even hospitals. The mere presence of spores that can develop into large stains that eat at structural elements, grow on cotton clothing hanging in a dark closet, or permeate the air with a musty odor, most often does not occur. So what is the fuss?
Discovery of Mold in a Room
If you find black, red, green, stains behind a radiator against a wall, or in the corner of a walk-in closet that butts up against a bathroom, SERVPRO of Olathe / Lenexa recommends to have a professional company inspect the problematic areas. The species of mold does not dictate the means of REMEDIATION, not REMOVAL, but is the first step in recovery to a preloss state.
Applied Microbial Remediation Technician (AMRT) --the name does not include "removal" in this certification program offered by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification.
• Abatement of damage to mold colonized substrates
• Eliminating or mitigating malodors using HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters
• Containing the work area to prevent cross-contamination
• Mechanical scraping of colonies from surfaces
• Fix or repair the water source that activates the spores
Kansas City property owners should realize that remediating the current infestation does protect the elements under attack, but does not mean that areas of activity can still exist. Receive honest efforts from our company.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (913) 782-4693
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (913) 782-4693
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Olathe / Lenexa and SERVPRO of Blue Valley is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2070 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: